Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Setting Apart

DATE: May 20th, 2014
Event: Setting apart as an missionary

These are the priesthood brethren that were there for my setting apart-- great friends and mentors!!!  These men hold the same authority that Christ and his apostles held during New Testament times.  They laid their hands on my head and set me apart as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I was given counsel, as well as great promised blessings.  It is a great strength and comfort to me to know that I am acting as an instrument in the hands of God, formally authorized through the power of the priesthood, and that He will be walking with me as I faithfully serve.

This is me with Tanner and Caleb from my ward.  All three of us have our eagle, our Duty to God medallion, and a mission call.  Like the sons of Helaman or Mosiah in the Book of Mormon, we stand together in our faithful service to our God.  Although we will all be serving in different parts of the world, we look forward to an amazing reunion at the close of our two-year missionary service.

After my setting apart, Brother Hong took some great pictures of the crew that was there.
D7K_6899B
And a family picture (minus one brother who was in Utah for the week.)
D7K_6909A



No comments:

Post a Comment